Protein is vital to our body function. Are you consuming enough each day? The Recommended Dietary Allowance for protein is 0.8g protein per kg of body weight. This means for a 50 year old female who weighs 140lbs and isn't very active, this equates to 53g of protein each day. Sometimes one's diet or food preferences can't intake enough proteins to fulfill these recommendations. Protein powders can offer a great way to increase your protein intake.
It is suggested that protein can help:
- Support lean body mass
- Promote immune system function
- Support intestinal function
- Support exercise recovery
- Promote healthy testosterone levels already within the normal range
- Promote energy production
- Support healthy metabolism
There are many variations of protein powders to meet all your dietary needs and restrictions.