Probiotics are considered “good” bacteria and work in the body to support digestive system health, promote a healthy balance of intestinal flora, and may also support immune system health and function. Learn more below!
More About Probiotics
Probiotics are essential to your body’s health and function. Although they reside primarily in your intestines, probiotics can have far-reaching effects on other systems of your body and you can learn more about that in our recent blog article "The How, When & Why of Probiotics". We carry a wide selection of probiotics in different forms, from capsules and tablets, to liquids, chewables, and powders.
Probiotics are strains of live bacteria and yeasts that are found in the body, primarily in the digestive system. Although we may think that bacteria is harmful, your body actually relies on this “good bacteria” for a number of important processes. The name itself comes from the Latin pro meaning “for,” and biota, meaning “life,” which is an indication of how important these microorganisms are to your health. For example, probiotics work to support a healthy balance of microflora in your gut. This balance helps your body to continue functioning as it should. Probiotics also support overall digestive system health, and may support immune system health and function, as well as overall health for men and women.
Well-Known Probiotic Strains
- Probiotics are available in a number of strains, and each strain, while supporting digestive system health, may have other potential health benefits.
- Well-Known Probiotic Strains
- Lactobacillus plantarum: Supports immune system health
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: Supports gastrointestinal system health and function
- Bifidum longum: Supports detoxification
- Bifidum bifidum: Supports bowel health and promotes nutrient absorption
- Bacillus coagulans: Supports bowel health and vaginal health
- Streptoccocus salivarius: Supports oral health and immune system health
If you’re looking for an excellent selection of probiotics from your favorite brands like Microbiome Labs, OrthoMolecular and Nutridyn, check out our line of products. We offer probiotics that are specially formulated for men or women, as well as probiotics for kids. These probiotics are available in a number of forms and even in different flavors. Start supporting your digestive system today and discover the potential benefits that probiotics could have for you.